Getting To The Point – Savings
Momma Cuisine: Amazing Tips to Help Reduce Food Waste in Your Kitchen
About forty percent of food in the United States go to waste, which is very alarming because hunger and poverty rule in the other parts of the world. While it is true that we can’t necessarily control the food waste thrown in restaurants and grocery stores, we can definitely control the food waste occurring in our homes. In this article, we will help you reduce your food waste down to forty percent through these tips and tricks for reducing waste in your kitchen.
1. It is a good idea reusing your leftovers. It doesn’t mean that you just have to reheat it and eat the next meal. You can make simple dishes out of your leftovers, like a different recipe, so don’t microwave food as it can reduce the texture and taste of food.
2. Remake your leftovers ideas. You can fry to make some butter, make a quinoa salad, or rice salad for leftover grains and legumes. You can also make an early morning fried rice for breakfast by adding peas, shredded carrots, bits of leftover ham, and tossing it with tamari or soy sauce. You can add leftover grains and legumes to soups and salads. Grain patties can be made by adding a little arrowroot powder, herbs, and egg to be fried in a shallow pan. Add Mexican seasoning to leftover lentils to create a bean dip or just fry it up.
You can do great recipes with leftover meats. Thin slices of beef, chicken or pork can make a delicious recipe for soups, salads, and sandwiches. You can make a simple lunch with a leftover cold roast beef from last night’s dinner, pairing it with mustard to dip and homemade biscuits.
4. Never waste your leftover cereal or oatmeal. You can make patties by adding a rice flour with egg and a dash of cinnamon.
5. Be organized with your leftovers. Organize your leftovers by placing your leftover in mason jars, a plastic-free alternative, and then add labels using a masking tape and marker. Do not forget to add the date.
Store your food leftovers on the refrigerator in vacuum sealer roll containers. Using transparent food containers to store leftover food is better so you can easily what is inside and remember to make good new recipes.
7. One of the best ways to avoid food waste is serving small portions of food to children. You will realize that serving small portions will make your child crave for more and ending up eating everything than wasting food.
8. Always have a food buying plan. More food means more food waste so avoid impulsive food buying. It is best to make a list of your needed ingredients that is enough for your next grocery day.